Are you looking for a quiet, fun activity that will keep your toddler entertained? Look no further than paper and washi tape. Don’t know what washi tape is? It’s a Japanese paper tape that is less sticky than normal cellophane tape and comes in bright colors, patterns, and even textures! It can be found at craft and hobby stores, office supply stores, and even online. Seriously – google washi tape and be amazed! This Fall activity is clean (there is some glue involved, but use a glue stick for less mess) not noisy at all, and will get your little one creating in no time.
- Orange, Brown, and Green construction or card stock paper
- Washi tape
- Green pipe cleaners (optional, but fun!)
- Hole punch (if using the pipe cleaners)
- Start by cutting out big pumpkin shapes in the orange paper
- Grab your washi tape
- Talk to your kids about patterns and colors or let them use their creativity and run wild
- Cover the pumpkin until you are happy with your creation
- Take the brown and green papers and make stems and leaves, use glue to add these decorations and finishing touches to your pumpkins
- If you’d like, you can add vines by punching a hole in your stem and winding a pipe cleaner through the hole. Use your finger to twist the pipe cleaner a few times.
- You can display the picture as is, or make smaller pumpkins with washi tape designs, add them to a larger piece of cardstock and create a Halloween or Fall themed gift tag or greeting card.
Note: Once you start buying fun washi tapes you might not want to stop, so use this technique for other holidays. Cut out tree shapes for Christmas, egg shapes for Easter, birthday cake shapes for Birthday cards – the sky really is the limit. Just be careful with little ones and scissors and remember to have fun!
Mesa Pediatric Urgent Care and Gilbert Pediatric Urgent Care
Save time and money this fall by visiting AllKids Urgent Care. Click here for more information about us and our services.