Looking for something yummy to make with leftover Thanksgiving turkey this year? How about this cheesy warm pasta dish?
4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups 2% milk
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups cubed cooked turkey
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard, thyme, and pepper. Gradually stir in the milk. Bring to a boil, cook, and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Toss with turkey, vegetables, and cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until heated through
Yield: 6 servings
Mesa Pediatric Urgent Care and Gilbert Pediatric Urgent Care
Save time and money this fall and winter by visiting AllKids Urgent Care. Click here for more information about us and our services.